Re: What did Spinosaurus eat? New species of Lepidotes found

On 2/26/2011 5:49 AM, David Marjanovic wrote:
Similarly, there are no known live-bearing crocodiles

So! The sentence I once had the urge to write -- "There is zero evidence of any archosaur giving live birth..." would urgently need editing for style, but is essentially correct?

Well, now I "know" why the crocs never turned into 'croco-whales' (or birds into 'avi-whales') -- they could not cut that last thread tying them to land.

Nice opportunity for the mammals -- although no marsupials need apply, because pouches don't work underwater...

The bio-machinery that produces hard-shelled eggs has certainly carried an amazing diversity of phenotypes through time, with little change (afaik) to the process.