Re: France suffering from dinosaur-decipherer deficiency

 From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org

 This news story from the Times of London might be of interest,
 concerning the major dinosaur finds recently made in the Charente
 district of France.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/giant-find-a-saur-point-for-science/story-e6frg6z6-1225981218078

A femur that is 2.4 m long... wow. The biggest *Giraffatitan* femur is 2.35 m, isn't it?

The article doesn't quite make clear if the problem is too few people interested in such jobs or too little money to _create_ such jobs. However, even if it's the latter, don't bother trying to apply. If you want to have the right to apply for an academic job in France, you first have to put yourself on the _liste de qualification_ of the ministry of education, and that list is only open for a few months every year. I finished my doctorate too late to get on the list in 2010, so I won't be able to apply for any French academic jobs for over half a year from now. The idea seems to be to cut down competition.