Ammonite diet revealed in X-rays

Ammonite diet revealed in X-rays, BBC News,
Jonathan Amos, Jan. 6, 2011,

Ammonites dined on plankton, Synchrotron
light sees into extinct marine invertebrates
to reveal life history, EurekAlert, January 6, 2011
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-01/amon-ado122910.php and
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-01/esrf-ado122810.php

Jaws of Life: High-Power Scans Reveal Teeth,
Food of Ammonites, Scientific American,
Katherine Harmon, January 6, 2011,
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ammonite-plankton-extinction

The paper is:

Kruta,I., N. Landman, I. Rouget, F. Cecca and
P. Tafforeau, 2011, The Role of Ammonites in
the Mesozoic Marine Food Web Revealed by Jaw
Preservation. Science. vol. 331,  no. 6013, pp. 70-72
DOI: 10.1126/science.1198793,
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/331/6013/70.abstract

Yours,

Paul H.