Re: Ammonite Color

Crap, that was sent as a quote. Let's try this again (sorry for the
difficulties).

Dear listmembers,

I remember reading somewhere that the scientific community made some
sort of discovery about the color of ammonites. I read that the
specimen observed was a dark, vivid red in life, which implies that
ammonites may have been deep sea dwellers. Since then, I haven't seen
anything relating to that theory. Could someone perhaps point me to a
reading on this subject, or possibly confirm the existence of this
theory?

Thanks,
A. G.