From: Jay <jayp.nair@yahoo.com>
To: DML <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Fri, 14 January, 2011 3:34:45 PM
Subject: Re: Eodromaeus, new basal theropod from Triassic in Argentina

Anyone else confused with the phylogenetic definitions employed by Martinez,
Sereno and others on p 210? The extract in question is copied below with square
brackets being my notes:

"9. Higher taxa cited in the text are defined as follows (www.taxonsearch.org):
[1] Dinosauria, the least inclusive clade containing Tyrannosaurus rex Osborn
1905 and Passer domesticus (Linnaeus 1758); [2] Ornithischia, the most
inclusive

clade containing Tyrannosaurus rex Osborn 1905 but not Ornithomimus
edmontonicus

Sternberg 1933, Troodon formosus Leidy 1856, Velociraptor mongoliensis Osborn
1924; [3] Saurischia, the least inclusive clade containing Tyrannosaurus rex
Osborn 1905 and Gorgosaurus libratus Lambe 1914, Albertosaurus sarcophagus
Osborn 1905;"

[1] appears to be Tyrannoraptora
[2] looks like Tyrannosauroidea
[3] is Tyrannosauridae