From: "Jaime Headden" <qi_leong@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 2:41:04 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: RE: terminology

 If *Manospondylus* and *Manospondylus gigas* ever came up in
contention for priority over *Tyrannosaurus* and *Tyrannosaurus rex*
(respectively), you can bet your sweet [arse] that the governing bodies
of appropriate appeal at the time (ICZN now, maybe PhyloCode as well
down the road) will be petitioned to set aside the former two names to
preserve the latter two. The other options available (to ignore as
useless the former two names, or redesignation of a type specimen and
thus reorganization of what the former two names refer to) are likely
and unlikely (respectively) to be employed.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/