Re: Alabama senator Hillary Herbert & birds with teeth

AAAAANYWAY- back to the dinosaur documentary-

It's hard to find a decent hour of television that strings thoughts
together for longer than 1 or 2 minutes anymore, especially on major
networks.  Most paleo docs watch like a producer reproduced the same
30 seconds of b-roll a few times and threw it into a blender with some
crap CGI.  "Dinosaur Wars" was a real treat because it took most of an
hour to deconstruct and analyze the politicking of old west fossil
hunting.  With all the events and people from the time period, they
could have easily made a miniseries about the birth of American
Paleontology- from Adrianne Mayor's thoughts about the "First Fossil
Hunters" to Lewis and Clark's discovery of large 'reptile' bones and
Jefferson's fascination with fossils, to Leidy and Hayden's finds in
the Judith River territory, to Cope and Marsh and co. at Como Bluff
(and the chalks of Kansas, the mammal fields of NE and WY) to Granger,
Brown, and Osborn in Montana and the Dakotas.  Really wished it could
have been longer.  So much potential.  Still, I suppose beggars can't
be choosers.

Lee Hall
Paleontology Undergraduate
Museum of the Rockies