Re: New Tyrannosaurus Study

>  According to this, T.rex could just roll the percentile dice ( or 20 sided,
> if you are into that kind of thing) to see who he encountered next.  He may
> have always lost initiative due to his size though.

On the plus side, that great sense of smell would offer some
impressive bonuses to alertness checks.

More seriously, is there any evidence that tryannosaurs that
_approached_ *T. rex* in size occurred alongside some of the, erm,
questionable taxa there? An argument by proxy might have at least a
little more merit - not that I think extrapolating "encounter rates"
by animals with unknown foraging habits in a not-entirely-understood
ecography makes much sense . . .