Re: Wrong Reconstructions

Jaime,

The acoustic apparatus of owls depends on lateral bullae, but also on fleshy
facial disks, as illustrated by scanner images here:

http://digimorph.org/specimens/Tyto_alba/

If any troodontid had an analogous structure, then couldn't the sound waves be
conducted down the external auditory meatus, regardless of the position of the
parasphenoid bullae? I believe that Drs. Mateus and Castanhinha demonstrated
that Troodontids do have an  asymmetrical meatus geometry that is analogous to
owls.