RE: Cameron the baby tyrannosaur

Because it's from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation, the sediments are generally
mud and sandstones that preserve objects well in three dimensions, but not
non-bony tissues (highly organic environment means rapid decay of tissues). So,
sadly, no. There are very few lagerstaetten in the Late Cretaceous, and the
only tyrannosaurs from them is *Dilong paradoxus* which, unfortunately, has
well preserved integument, but is poor on the three dimensionality; likewise,
*Guanlong wucaii* from the Shishugou Formation preserves dimensionality very
well -- see http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Guanlong.jpg --
but again no tissues. So far, it's either/or.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/