Dinosaur-related news stories

From: Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

Here are links to a number of recent news stories that might be of interest.

New Dinosaur Hall in Los Angeles opens
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-dinosaur-hall-20110703,0,243
822.story

Bonatitan skeleton on display in Argentina (in Spanish)
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1384996-el-museo-festeja-con-un-nuevo-dino

Dinosaurs to be auctioned at Sotheby's on display in Paris
Unfortunately, this story has a commercial angle so I proceed delicately
under DML rules. The skeletons excavated in the United States are on
display in Paris through the summer at the Institute of Human Paleontology
founded by the Prince Albert of Monaco. They are scheduled to be auctioned
by Sotheby's in October. The specimens include a complete Prosaurolophus
with skin impressions, a 90-percent-complete Suuwassea skeleton discovered
in 2009 with injured tail vertebrae, and a 98-percent-complete
Tenontosaurus nicknamed "Clover." The excellent state and completeness of
the specimens makes it regrettable that they are being commercially
marketed and so might not be available for scientific research. I don't
know if any museums plan to bid at the auction.

The texts of the French stories manage to misspell some of the scientific
names.

The two videos give different views of the specimens:
with video (in French)
http://www.francesoir.fr/loisirs/culture/dinosaures-envahissent-paris-cet-et
e-114594.html

with video (in French)
http://www.lefigaro.fr/culture/2011/07/01/03004-20110701ARTFIG00444-des-dino
saures-grandeur-nature-a-paris.php

in English:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/dinosaur-mummy-fossils-auction_n_88
6436.html
http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/news_europe/2011-06-28/ancient-dinosaur-sk
eletons-on-pre-auction-display-in-paris.html

Terminonaris "Bert"  crocodylomorph skeleton goes on display at Royal
Saskatchewan Museum (RSM)
http://www.leaderpost.com/story_print.html?id=5020940&sponsor=

Pterosaur trackway discovered in China (in Chinese)
No photos of the tracks, but two reconstructions of pterosaurs. Jerry
Harris and Xing Lida are quoted in the story but I haven't found a
published technical paper on the find. It's apparently from a site where
dinosaur tracks have already been described from the Middle Cretaceous
Jiaguan Formation of Qijiang County, Chongqing City.

http://it.sohu.com/20110624/n311535505.shtml

Paper about dinosaur tracks from same region (in Chinese):
http://xinglida.net/pdf/XING_el_at_2007_Dinosaur_Footprints_from_Qijiang_Cou
nty.pdf

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?