RE: Cameron the baby tyrannosaur

Forgive me a fundamental error. I was confused with discussion of the HSCFm
*Daspletosaurus* specimens that may or may not be new taxa, and conflated this
in the discussion of the Blackfeet specimen.

Upon further consideration, however, the specimen may be from the Two Medicine,
St. Mary's River or Milk River Formations, based only on geography, but as to
precise provenance, I have no clue. The latter two formations are, to my
knowledge, almost 5ma younger than the first, which is equivalent to the lower
Dinosaur Park Fm. or Oldman Fm. and in which the respective tyrannosaurs are
*Albertosaurus sarcophagus* and maybe *Gorgosaurus libratus*. The sedimentology
of the formations in question remain relative muddy/sandy, and would still not
preserve soft body tissues well (Schweitzer's work notwithstanding).

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/