RE: Gargantuavis a bird, not a pterosaur

  No. The ilia and sacrum in the specimen are somewhat crushed, and although I
infer the same is also true for *Avimimus portentotsus* (PIN 3907/1), it would
not drastically alter the perspective of the iliac orientation enough to change.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/