Re: Pterosaur morphological evolution

On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Don Ohmes wrote:

> On 7/7/2011 12:35 PM, Jorge Câmara wrote:
>>  but they
>> look quite clumsy (well, their long limbs look less clumsy than most
>> pterosaurs) with their folded wings and membranes?
>
> I may have missed something -- is there direct evidence of membranes in
> azhdarchids?

No, but there is an azhdarchoid with some membrane preserved (mostly the
proximal brachiopatagium).  It seems to follow about the same pattern as for
other pterodactyloids, albeit perhaps a bit broader inboard of the elbow (it's
torn up, so hard to say with any confidence).

Cheers,

--Mike H.

Michael Habib
Assistant Professor of Biology