Re: Morpho v molecular (was Re: Tinamous: living dinosaurs)

Tim Williams wrote:
<<As someone who works on the molecular side of life, I long ago came to
the conclusion that molecules are not a panacea for phylogenetics,
even when combined with morphological data ("total evidence").  Mickey
has rightfully pointed out the imperfections of morphology-based
approaches, but I still think it's dangerous to put all your
phylogenetic eggs in the molecular basket.>>

I did a project on this topic when I was an undergrad in 2007.  Here's the
(probably terribly naive) essay that came out of it, if anyone's interested:

http://theabstractions.com/brachiosaur/resolving_molecular_morpho_conflict.pdf

-Grant Harding