Diodorus scytobrachion (was Re: Australodocus a titanosauriform and other new papers)

> Christian F. Kammerer, Sterling J. Nesbitt, and Neil H. Shubin (2011)
> The first basal dinosauriform (Silesauridae) from the Late Triassic of
> Morocco.
> Acta Palaeontologica Polonica (in press)
> doi:10.4202/app.2011.0015
> http://app.pan.pl/article/item/app20110015.html

The name _Diodorus scytobrachion_ is clever, and replete with
mythological references.  But the etymology of the species name thew
me a bit ("_scytobrachion_: ancient Greek for ‘leathery arm’, a
reference both to a possible integument for this taxon and the
classical mythographer Dionysius Scytobrachion, who chronicled the
mythical history of North Africa.")

I initially read this as saying that evidence of the integument had
been preserved for this silesaurid.  Belatedly I realized the authors
were saying that a leathery integument is what one would expect in an
animal like this.  (Incidentally, the mythographer Dionysius was
nicknamed "leather-armed" [Scytobrachion] because of his prolific
output as a writer, not because of any quality of his skin.)

These silesaurids are real interesting critters.  I'd like to know
about the manus of silesaurids - was it used only for quadrupedal
locomotion, or was it capable of some grasping ability?

Cheers

Tim