RE: Triceratops survived till very end of Cretaceous (citation)

The infamous "3 m gap" is most likely a taphonomic artifact, as the paleosols
of the uppermost Hell Creek Fm
are too acidic to preserve bone.  See the ref below:

Retallack, G.J., Leahy, G.D., and Spoon, M.D. (1987). Evidence from
paleosols for ecosystem changes across the
Cretaceous/Tertiary boundary in eastern Montana. Geology 15:1090-1093.

Guy Leahy