Re: Cladistic Idea (Now Tested)

Mickey Mortimer wrote:
In case anyone's interested, I did a quick test of Grant's idea using the TWG
matrix on my blog.
http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.com/2011/07/testing-hardings-idea-constraining.html

It certainly an interesting comparison, but I'm not sure I would call it a test. There's no point using Grant's method if the results are the same as a vanilla cladistic analysis, right? So chucking it out on the basis that it doesn't agree with the standard tree is negating what you could have got from it in the first place.

To test it, it would be interesting to compare its results to a third independent analysis (molecular genetic I suppose), and seeing which results are closer.

That isn't doing to work for non-avian dinosaurs, obviously.

Cheers,
John

--
John Conway