Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:27 PM
Subject: Woman against Abelisaur

Hey, all. I'm working on a short piece of fiction set on a world where
various faunas from earth's history are mixed (along with various historical
civilizations.) The story concerns a young mercenary lady who is hired to
take down a man eating carnosaur. This particular animal is some manner of
Abelisaurid, and I'd like to get as much as I can right. How can a gunless
human go up against an abelisaur and hope to win?

In addition, since I'd prefer to avoid "prehistoric monster" style
histrionics, how would you suggest characterizing the predator? I was
thinking something along the lines of an old, slightly weakened tiger, not
as fast or strong as it's kin but cleverer. But I am, of course open to
suggestions.