Re: Woman against Abelisaur

I have heard that the approved method of unarmed defense against a guard dog that attacks you head on is to crouch low, grab the forelegs as the dog launches itself at you and perform a rolling back somersault. The forelegs snap, the dog is disabled and your only remaining problem is fleeing from the owner. Truncated Abelisaur forearms would make this dicey but at least there would be no owner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Boehm" <erikboehm07@yahoo.com>
To: <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Woman against Abelisaur

> Most humans
> can't even beat up a guard dog with their fists.

Not too sure there would be any, assuming a top-notch dog.

I would think ones only chance would be to get the dog in a headlock and wait until it passes out.
This obviously would become less effective as the animal gets bigger.

How about garroting the dino with a rope?

Of course, that would require the human to get close enough to the Dino's neck to swing a rope around it (then hang on to the rope and twist), preferably from behind/on its back. I guess jumping from a tree as it passes by would be required, or trapping it in some pit.

Triplines, pits, and long pointy sticks could all be viable as well as far as I can tell.
Pointy sticks with poison are even better

Perhaps she could lay a trap, and kill the dino by luring it into some woods and starting a forrest fire that kills it (lets assume she lights multiple fires around it, or prepares a ring of highly flammable material and lures the dino into the center before igniting the material)

I suppose "MacGyver-ing" a more advanced weapon is out of the question?
Lure it into an area with volcanism, and deep ravines where CO2 accumulates? Chlorine gas? Have her find Iron ore, smelt it, and make a primitive cannon? I guess she'd need to find some sulfer, and find/know how to make saltpeter and charcoal.