Re: Woman against Abelisaur

Yeah, I suggest that you do what Terrence Malick did. Have the abelisaurid
pounce on her, prod her with the snout, and turn her over with its foot.
Then The abelisaurid loses interest, looks up, and walks off. It just ate,
isn't hungry, and gets distracted. One even sees this with sharks
sometimes. If a human fights an abelisaurid the human dies, always.

However, I have one other idea.

In grad school I knew a guy who had grown up near an ostrich ranch. He
said that the dude who worked the ranch showed him a trick once.

When the rooster ostriches started closing in on him and he got
intimidated he had a simple trick. He held a rake high over their heads.
Without fail they always cowered and backed off.

I wondered if their brains weren't wired to retreat from anything that
looked like a larger ostrich - and maybe the rake simulated a huge ostrich
neck and head in their visual cortices.

-Jason

>> > Most humans
>> > can't even beat up a guard dog with their fists.
>
>> Not too sure there would be any, assuming a top-notch dog.
>
> I would think ones only chance would be to get the dog in a headlock and
> wait until it passes out.
> This obviously would become less effective as the animal gets bigger.
>
> How about garroting the dino with a rope?
>
> Of course, that would require the human to get close enough to the Dino's
> neck to swing a rope around it (then hang on to the rope and twist),
> preferably from behind/on its back.
> I guess jumping from a tree as it passes by would be required, or trapping
> it in some pit.
>
> Triplines, pits, and long pointy sticks could all be viable as well as far
> as I can tell.
> Pointy sticks with poison are even better
>

> Perhaps she could lay a trap, and kill the dino by luring it into some
> woods and starting a forrest fire that kills it (lets assume she lights
> multiple fires around it, or prepares a ring of highly flammable material
> and lures the dino into the center before igniting the material)
>

> I suppose "MacGyver-ing" a more advanced weapon is out of the question?
> Lure it into an area with volcanism, and deep ravines where CO2
> accumulates? Chlorine gas?
> Have her find Iron ore, smelt it, and make a primitive cannon? I guess
> she'd need to find some sulfer, and find/know how to make saltpeter and
> charcoal.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
Department of Exhibition