From: "Tim Williams" <tijawi@gmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:54:16 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: Woman against Abelisaur

Dan Chure <danchure@easilink.com> wrote:

> She wouldn't necessarily have to roll up in a ball. There is a documented
> case in Glacier National Park many years ago of a couple hiking when they
> were charged by a grizzly bear.  With no where to run and hide the used what
> they had, an umbrella, and popped it open automatically and ducking down
> behind it.

Out of interest, does the woman in 'Woman Against Abelisaur' happen to
be Rihanna?

Anthony Docimo <keenir@hotmail.com> wrote:

> what about the sort Mongol archers carried? From what I hear, some folks
> still consider them a gold standard of bows that aren't factory-made.

Didn't the Ottoman Turks improve the composite-bow even further?

BTW, a composite-bow doesn't have to be gold standard in order to be
deadly effective.  The Huns used their composite bows to devastating
effect against the Roman Empire.