Re: Woman against Abelisaur

2011/7/22 David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:

> ...only mammals and ornithuran birds in
> the strictest sense _have_ kneecaps.

If I remember correctly, some squamates also have these.

Regarding the aggression against the abelisaur, another simple trick
may be to go in large groups throwing stones at the predator. It will
for sure feel intimidated in a single encounter, and if sufficiently
harassed, will leave the region occuppied by the civilization. A lone
person may do the same if studying about what smell is revulsive to
the predator (but not beyond toleration to herself), and camouflaging.

Why to kill it, except for morbidity? If the hunting woman is the
heroine, it looks like a bad example to deal with carnivores (for
example, all those guys which want to eradicate wolves from some
areas). Perhaps I just do not understand this art. It seems to me our
ideas may better go towards defending ourselves without destroying
other living beings, for the sake of conservation (more so as new
studies suggests that predator destruction in some areas leads to
unpredicted degrees of diversity loss through landscape modification).