Re: Woman against Abelisaur

On 7/23/2011 9:03 AM, Asher Elbein wrote:

Unstable on sloping ground, hmm? That sounds useful- I'll bear that in mind.

That had to be an issue for the larger bipeds.

I grew up in the flatwoods -- by the time I encountered a non-negligible hill, and had the chance to learn firsthand why you should never sprint down a grade, I was old enough to remember the rather dramatic fall quite clearly.

Anecdotally speaking, exuberant young ostriches and emus apparently sometimes have similar experiences -- and they can result in serious injury.

Areas w/ significant grade may have been relatively abelisaurid-free...