Re: Woman against Abelisaur

    Hun archers could fire 3 shots in 7-8 seconds with a heavy pound bow.  Add
the speed of the horse onto the velocity of the arrow and you have serious fire
power.  A typical attack against Roman, Goths, etc would involve huge #s of
horses charging forward and unleashing volley after volley .  If the troops
were not terrified by the thunderous hooves and constants hail of arrows, then
they had to deal with firepower at close range.  The Huns would then turn their
sturdy little ponies to the side and ride sideways along the ranks still
unleashing arrows.  They would then turn away and ride off, often tricking the
troops into thinking they were retreating.  THe Huns would then twist backwards
in their shadows for their Partian shot (Parting Shot) and hit the gullible
pursuers.  Check out Youtube for some amazing modern horse archers.

  I actually own a few Hunnish composite bows ( took two years to make, from
Hungary) and even though I'm only a ' fairly good shot' I've let experts
shooters use my bows and result is usually ' I gotta get me one of these'.
The design is really quite genius, and they are gorgeous as well.  The Huns
were most likely a Turkic tribe, so that technology carried into Ottoman days.
A Turkish bow is so received it almost creates a circle when unstrung.  They
fire so unbelievably smooth.  The mongol bow, at least the ones I've tried,
have a bit of a jolt on the release due to design of the siyahs ( tips)
To bring this back to topic....An Abelisaur from the front would make a
difficult target, the large corticoids would protect vitals very well, and the
head would be ( in the case of Carnotaurus) a small and narrow target.  MInd
you , I still imagine myself as Turok shooting Honkers when I fire at haybails.
 Not very PC, but still fun!