Re: Sloping terrain Re: Woman against Abelisaur

On Sun, July 24, 2011 12:38 pm, Don Ohmes wrote:

> Also -- I again urge DML listers who have any interest whatsoever in
> this to go into steep or swampy terrain as obligate bipeds (in other
> words, no hands allowed, period) -- how far you DON'T get before you
> have to put your hands down is informative as to what the larger
> theropods could do and ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT do.

Well, to be fair, we are obligate bipeds with about the stupidest stance
that evolution could come up with and still be successful! Far better
balance when you have front quarters and a balancing tail...

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/