Question - problem in Senter 2006?

I have a question for experts on Senter (2006) Comparison of Forelimb Function
Between Deinonychus and Bambiraptor (Theropoda: Dromaeosauridae) JVP 26
(4):897-906.

I've been working on a Microraptor anatomical model using Senter 2006 as a
primary source for a few weeks now.

I noticed some anomalies in Senters discussion of Bambiraptor but just this
moment the full magnitude of the possible error dawned on me. I ask experts on
the DML to confirm my understanding.

In the text Senter notes that the humerus can be elevated to a nearly
horizontal position, and that this result largely agrees with Gishlick 2001.

In Senter's Figure 1,  the second figure, labeled cranial view, the humerus
position marked e (e for elevated humerus) seemed to me to show the humerus at
80 degrees above horizontal, considering the orientation of the coracoid and
scapula.  The figure appears to be turned on its side to fit on the page. Just
now I realized that Senter has presented this figure as a life position, not
turned on its side.

In other words, he has placed the glenoid pointing straight down ventrally, and
the sternal process of the coracoid turned to point medially. Thus the scapula
lies ventrolateral, not dorsal, to the coracoid.This explains why, in the
figure to the left of this, the coracoid stands dorsally to and  high above the
scapula.

In fact the sternal process of the coracoid should point ventrally, and
articulates with the coracoid groove of the sternal plate along the anterior
sternal margin, as in IGM 100/985 (fig 3 in Norell& Makovicky (1997). The
ventrally pointing sternal process of the coracoid is confirmed by the
configuration of dromaeosaur coracoids and sterna in Norell&Makovicky (1999),
Jasinoski et al. (2006), Godfrey&Currie (2004) and many deinonychosaur
specimens found in articulation.

If we turn Senter's figure 1 so that the sternal process points ventrally then
he has, in fact, found a range of motion for the humerus that shows an
elevation of the humerus at 80 degrees ABOVE horizontal! He has also found that
the humerus can't be depressed much below the horizontal. Also, the figure to
the left, previously called lateral view must now be considered a dorsal view.

Can anyone tell me if I've made any mistakes in my interpretation of Senter
here?

Thank You,

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator