Re: Sloping terrain Re: Woman against Abelisaur

On Tue, Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Don Ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Elephants sometimes become trapped in muddy pits that have steep
> slippery sides -- certainly their remains could be preserved in "mired
> position" -- and certainly they love mud, and are notably NOT hampered
> by their large size.

I'm having a hard time finding any pictures of a wild elephant in mud much
deeper than its ankles.

Even those being forced to walk through mud by humans don't seem to be any
deeper in the mud
than their knees (if even that deep).

A YouTube search for "elephant stuck in mud" seems to yeild plenty of results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIRREOoSt0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOY8cSoKus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bYEeHdjtJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bw3hlUSzQ

The last one is interesting, as the rest of the herd seems to be giving the mud
a wide berth while
trying to help the mired individual.

Dann Pigdon