Re: Parahongshanornis, new Chinese Cretaceous bird (free pdf)

> Interesting that *Parahongshanornis* retains two phalanges in the
> 3rd finger.

 The major manual digit of _Patagopteryx_ has three phalanges (with
 the third phalanx being ungual-like) and is also quite long.

That's the 2nd finger. That's normal.

I agree, though, that somebody should do a biomechanical study of the forelimbs of *Patagopteryx* (which I'm not confusing with *Patagonykus* this time).