RE: The myth of coding from specimens firsthand and the untapped resource of photos

Two of my sentences in these posts have been snipped.  They are-

"Curators can do these things for specimens in their care, as can other
researchers who live by a museum or have specimens on loan to them, but nobody
can do them for the majority of specimens."

... in the first post.

"No one's going to write a rival monograph based solely on photos.  It's these
issues I'd like to get to the bottom of."

... in the latest.

Mickey