RE: Mosasaur bone structure and growth rates

So long as the process of producing and releasing a dissertaion occurs outside
of the process of a rigorous peer review process of a typical journal
(_Science_, _PLoS_, _JVP_), I would agree. However, most work on dissertations
_do not_ follow this, including the review committees and the utter lack of
peer review. No formal dissemination, purchaseable quality occurs. In the US,
there are services to acquire photocopies at cost (material & manhours), but
this is a secondary market, much as occurs at any library -- it is not
publication. I'd argue that Jocelyn's comments about referencing unpublished
reports or material is a strong reason we shouldn't be citing unpublished work;
but also that we need an official forum for publishing this stuff that allows
it to be accessible.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)