Covering up of dinosaur tracksite by highway in NW Switzerland

Dear list

Since 2002 our team, the Palaeontology A16, excavated 6 Late Jurassic dinsoaur
tracksites on the future course of the Transjurane highway A16 in the Canton
Jura (NW Switzerland). From February 2011 until mid-June 2011 we have
documented the last huge surface (about 4500 m2, totally 4040 tracks, 169
tridactyl + 17 sauropod trackways), the main track level, at the so called
"Béchat Bovais" tracksite.

Last week this unique site was finally covered up by the highway. I have posted
many photos illustrating the documentation and covering up of the site on my
facebook account. The photos should be visible for everybody; feel free to
leave your comments:

Covering Up
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150213122031027.318148.612001026&l=46a52a59d2

Final Documentation
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150174155171027.307041.612001026&l=5ed4634110

Best wishes, Daniel Marty

*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *