Scypionyx (Ciro) huge monography published

Gorgeous other than huge, I would say:

SCIPYONYX SAMNITICUS (THEROPODA, COMPSOGNATHIDAE) FROM THE LOWER CRETACEOUS OF
ITALY

Cristiano Dal Sasso and Simone Maganuco

Memorie della Società Italiana e del Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano
37 (1) pp. 1-281

A complete, or more than complete description (obviously in English) of the
little dinosaur from Pietraroja is finally available. The abstract itself is
long,  so I would summarize the main topics:
The monography starts with an overview of the depositional environment and
taphonomy, suggesting a single-event burial.
Part I deals with osteology and phylogeny. Each bone is detailed, and juvenile
characters evaluated, then the classification and phylogenetic relationships
are proposed (360 characters for 95 taxa), according to the authors Scipionyx
is a compsognathid, the the sister taxon of Orkoraptor.
Part II deals with soft tissues: UV, SEM etc. investigations yielded lots of
new data and allowed reintrepretation of some previous ones. BTW the supposed
liver is really the liver. Even the histology of internal organs such as plicae
of the  intestine and muscular fibers are illustrated and detailed. Also
microstructures of the bones, blood vessels etc.  are detailed. The stomach and
intestine content is examinated (Scipionyx ate a small lepidosaur, a couple of
fishes and leg of a Chometokadmon-like  lepidosaur just before death) .
Part III deals with functional morphology and palaeobiology. Possible growth
stage and adult size is also suggested.
About 180 fine illustrations are present, among which many colour and UV
photos, drawings (by Marco Auditore) are simply excellent.
At the end of the monography there is a gallery with artists  restorations of
Scipionyx, made by several Italian paleoartist, a nice add-on.
To get further info about the monography and about how to get one copy, I
suggest to contact  Cristiano dal Sasso
cdalsasso@yahoo.com
or Simone Maganuco
simonemaganuco@iol.it