From: "quailspg@frii.com" <quailspg@frii.com>
To: VRTPALEO@usc.edu
Cc: Dinosaur <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wed, June 22, 2011 8:38:16 PM
Subject: Re: America's earliest paleoartist authenticated

Obviously there was too much flipping back and forth between pictures
so I mis-remembered which legs of the mammoth engraving looked
unfinished. At any rate, the emphasis on the stride and the beautifully
nuanced front leg and shoulder are exceptional.

HOWEVER... check out this NAT GEO page from earlier this year:

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2011/02/10/wildest_mammoth_in_the_west_fo/

No word on the possible age of this art from Utah, but it's very
intriguing. Also, in the comments section, someone has suggested that
the second animal may be a brontothere. Could this be possible?

-- Donna Braginetz