Legend: Horned Toad survived 30 yrs in cornerstone

Came across this while looking for something else. I have my doubts
but it's a good yarn.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/pet/rip.html

In 1897, a horned toad was placed in the cornerstone of the courthouse in Eastland, TX, as it was being sealed. People remembered the event, but no one thought much of it until 1928, when the courthouse was demolished to make way for a new, Jazz Age model. Three thousand people were on hand to watch the opening of the old cornerstone. Inside lay the horned toad, all right -- flat and covered with dust -- and ALIVE! After 31 years!
Eleven months after his resurrection, Old Rip croaked. His body was embalmed and placed in a tiny, open casket -- velvet lined -- in the lobby of the new courthouse.