Re: Tinamous: living dinosaurs

On 6/27/2011 12:40 PM, Jason Brougham wrote:
Let me put it this way: if you HAD to reconstruct the brooding of a non - avian
maniraptoran now, wouldn't it be safest to go with the paternal - only brooding
model? Anything else would be pure speculation.
Assuming momentarily that there is a King, and further assuming that He has recently been taken on a tour of the Past by a friendly alien with a Time Machine, and now wishes to test His Ministers of Paleontology against Reality with an eye toward a weeding-out of the frothier types -- yes, a paternal-only model might be the safest bet. Betting that all non-avian maniraptorans followed that or any other single model would not be a risk I cared to take, however...