RE: Tinamous: living dinosaurs

Quick argument:

  If we assert that medullary bone is reabsorbed soon after laying, as it only
persists during the laying period, then a post-laying brooding female should
not retain medullary bone. Then, if we assert that nests that contain
well-developed embryos, which may or may not be close to hatching, that the
laying animal is well out of the laying period, we should not find medullary
bone if the brooder was female. I would then conclude that in a nest with
well-developed embryos, the associated nester could be either male or female,
and the association or not of the actual layer(s) would be unknown.

  I may be wrong in some of my assertions, so please correct me if I am.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/