RE: It's funny because it's true...(2)

If they ever let us get more than a sentence or two (or dare I say, a
paragraph?!?) strung together rather than just using the
"sound-bitiest" snippets from us, interspersed with less-than-well-informed
narrations.

>  I think there's a paleontology channel in development;

Ugh. Seriously, this has a great potential for catastrophe. Because in order to
fill a 24 hr channel with programming, you need
filler. If you think that we have insipid hack-job documentaries on now, wait
until the production companies start making whole new
series re-editing previous material to create "new" shows to fill the space.

(Heck, if CNN and company can't fill 24 hour news channels with, you know,
news, how much worse is a 24 hr paleo channel going to
be?)

Honestly, I think the documentary industry would be well-served if they could
hour long programs are already about 50% repetition anyway.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/