Re: GSP statement on use of my dinosaur restorations (follow up)

Hi
I can understand the points being made here, and I realise a lot of work has
gone into your skeletal reconstructions.

However, I think there's another point which is that the more a
reconstruction (not of pose I think, but certainly of a body shape) is based
on original research, the more the finished work has to be considered as a
scientific endevour - subject to scientific criticism but also subject to
being used by anyone for any reason in just the same way that any other
scientific research is.  Knowledge - unless you've found a way to patent
it - is supposed to be taken and built on by succeeding people - whether
they're scientists or artists and whether their work meets with your
approval or not.  You can own an individual artwork, but you can't own the
truth about an animal no matter how much work you've put into discovering
that truth.

Just putting an alternate view -you've every right to be annoyed by some of
what goes on, I'm sure. I just don't know there's a lot you can do.

Christian

----- Original Message ----- From: <GSP1954@aol.com>