RE: New brontothere named after kaiju Gigan

Tom Holtz wrote:

<Etymology-The specific epithet references the large size of this species
 in comparison to Diplacodon elatus, the only other known species of the genus.
'Gigan' is a fictional giant horned monster first
appearing in the 1972 Japanese film, 'Godzilla versus Gigan' and other Godzilla
films thereafter."

No indication if it had a chest buzzsaw or not...>

As if that's necessary?! It's a bloody 'nother Gojira reference! ... although a
buzzsaw chest implement would be cool....

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/