Re: Reductio Ad Absurdum. It is 1984 Dinosaur Time..!

On 14 Mar 2011, at 11:12, David Marjanovic wrote:

 and everything he has done he claims is technically and
 scientifically accurate (above all his most referenced work: his
 skeletons)

Oh, that's not true. In this discussion and elsewhere, he has acknowledged that his older reconstructions do contain errors, the twisted forearms he used to give to theropods for instance; he doesn't commit those errors again, and he republishes (given the opportunity) old reconstructions only after correcting them.

You know very well that every time he has published technical stuff he claims it as scientifically accurate (at least for the time he published it). That he changes his opinion based perhaps in new evidence or new interpretation of the evidence is one of the many risks of being a scientist isn't it? We all have to change art or technical drawings or simply relegate the art to the museum... But >at the time< of any reconstruction, Greg Paul normally presents everything as being top of the tops and as a model to follow. And I'm not criticizing precisely any of that by the way!

 I have lost jobs because i refused to do Deinonychus without
 feathers...

Tell us the names of those responsible. They need to be shamed in public.

Not available anymore I'm afraid... let's call it history... although history tends to repeat itself!

 or "John Sibbicks"!

What do you mean? The distinctive skin texture he always paints? The roundish ribcages?

Simply the style. Most publishers around here live in a square and need a standard... and John Sibbick has been the standard for many years... if you don't follow the standard you don't get the job.. period! A bit like later what happened after Jurassic Park...

Luis Rey

Visit my website
http://www.luisrey.ndtilda.co.uk