Re: Pantydraco and the worst dinosaur name

>>> How about inappropriate dinosaur names?  I submit, for example,
>>> _Struthiosaurus_, "ostrich lizard."  Does this nodosaur really resemble an
>>> ostrich?  Really?

There are plenty like it in the paleo literature.  _Sarcolestes_
("flesh-stealer") was an ankylosaur, and therefore herbivorous.
_Arrhinoceratops_ ("no-nose-horned face") did have a nasal horn.
_Protoavis_ ("first bird")... probably off the mark.

Cheers

Tim