RE: Pantydraco and the worst dinosaur name

Here's food for thought:

  Lydekker coined *Titanosaurus indicus* (Indian Titan lizard) in 1877. Marsh
coined *Brontosaurus excelsus* (exceeding Brontes [Thunderer] lizard) in 1879.
Brontes is one of the three titanic Cylopes who aid Hephaistos in the crafting
of the lightning and thunder for Zeus, who are themselves children of the
Titanes Gaia and Ouranos ... the latter whom Zeus slays. They are, in essence,
Titan progeny. I do not think the nomenclatural similarities between "Titan"
and the Titan Brontes are coincidental. Despite this, it has become
stereotypical that "Brontosaurus" means thunder lizard, and for various
reasons, and as such that the roots would be adopted among other taxa alluding
to this, a probably miscommunication. This includes, but is not limited to,
other sauropods.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)