Re: Reductio Ad Absurdum. It is 1984 Dinosaur Time..!

On 15 March 2011 15:22, Bob Tess <bobtess@dinoart.com> wrote:
> Really Mike,
>
> Think about it.  What's the point of establishing yourself in a profession
> that doesn't pay enough to make a living because you've lowered the fees an
> artist can charge in order to establish yourself in the field.
> Seriously.

You make a living by doing work that is BETTER than what the new
entrants to the field produce, and charging accordingly more.  Or by
putting your experience to work in the form of being able to work more
quickly than newcomers.

Again I draw the analogy: the existence of entry-level programming
jobs has not meant that senior software engineer positions have become
unavailable.

-- Mike.