Re: Reductio Ad Absurdum. It is 1984 Dinosaur Time..!

Actually Mike, when I first entered the field I did NOT have to work so hard to keep a roof over my head. I was young so could take my chances without health insurance which now costs us $12,000 per year.
Energy costs were only a fraction of what they are now.
We have to take care of an elderly parent.
We couldn't live on burger flipper wages if we wanted to.
This work takes a certain number of hours to do the research and execute the paintings, and it takes a certain amount of money to live in America. The problem is that paleoart doesn't pay that well even when you are well-established.
Is Greg living in a mansion?  no.
Tess and I do the best possible work we can and we are considered by many to be at the top of our profession and we still barely get by month-to-month. Are you asking those of us who have devoted ourselves to the field to just bow out and go away so the purchasers of dinosaur art can get the work cheaper?
Can you wonder why we take it personally?
There is much less work to go around in paleoart than there is in computer programming so that comparison is a bit skewed..
This has gotten mean now.
I'm in a bad mood. Maybe I should back away from the keyboard
You're fucking with people's livlihoods.