Re: Reductio Ad Absurdum. It is 1984 Dinosaur Time..!

On 15 March 2011 16:27, ralphchapman <ralphchapman@earthlink.net> wrote:
> C'mon Mike, don't misrepresent what Bob and Tess have been saying. There's a
> huge difference between saying everyone should charge a large premium price
> and saying that artists should charge enough to ensure not only that they
> can make a living but that there is the possibility of a profession at all.

OK, it may be that I wrongly conflated Bob/Tess's message with Greg's
plan to establish a minimum fee.  If I misunderstood here, and
Bob/Tess were in fact taking the less draconian position that
palaeoartists should seek to charge what they can when working for
commercial (rather than scientific) commissions, then of course I have
no quarrel with that, and I apologise for misrepresenting them.

-- Mike.