Re: Clarification of scope of paleoart market and other items

What Greg says about the market is essentially true. I appraised the Lanzendorf collection. The average price for a large painting was $1000 - $5000.
Without collectors there is no chance of moving that average up.
Maybe the "bottom line" about paleoart is that, as a full time job, as a field, it does not support a lower middleclass existence. Artists are notoriously capable of living on little - we don't require new cars, fancy homes, plasma screens - but paleoart is still a precarious way to make a living.
Is there any way to change this?  I don't know.
The field gets better than it pays for.

Tess