Re: Clarification of scope of paleoart->uses

So you're saying that your published skeletal reconstructions, even if
published in scientific journals, are not scientific data one can cite
like one can cite any other figure or the text or a table of different
content? I'm not allowed to do GDI on one of your drawings, but I have
to do my own first? That's absurd!

Or do you say people may not take our reconstruction of a closely
related taxon, adapt it to fit the known elements of a new taxon, and
publish that while citing your figure as a source? That makes a bit
more sense, but still ignores that you published the drawing as
scientific data, and that can be used freely provided the source is
properly cited.

Or are you saying that the figures you publish in your scientific
papers are scientific data, but somehow exempt? Are you still claiming
that you retain copyright to the published version despite signing it
off to the journals or their publishers?

I'd appreciate an answer, for once. And keep the insults to yourself.
Heinrich Mallison