Re: Oxalaia, new spinosaur from Brazil

From: Ben Creisler
bh480 <at> scn.org

A few images of Oxalaia and the formal presentation can be seen at:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/046WcBD8iA8ne
http://www.daylife.com/photo/00Gcgym0VhgSY?q=Rio+de+Janeiro

http://themes.thestar.com/photo/00Gcgym0VhgSY

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&f
amily=creative&p=oxalaia&assetType=image

CAUTION:
The image in this link is labeled as a supposed reconstruction of the skull
of Oxalaia but it seems more slender than in the other photos. Can't
explain the difference if it is the same critter....Since it seems to lack
the antorbital fenestra, maybe it's Pepesuchus, a new crocodile announced
at the same time...
http://www.que.es/salud-belleza/estilo/201103162145-brasil-presenta-fosil-ox
alaia-quilombensis-efe.html

=============================
Oxalaia, new spinosaur from Brazil
bh480 <at> scn.org <bh480 <at> scn.org>
2011-03-16 18:03:31 GMT

A new spinosaur from Brazil named Oxalaia quilombensisis is out in
international news stories but I don't have the official citation yet
(apparently in the same new issue of Anais da Academia Brasileira de
Ciências as Angolatitan). I also have not found an English language version
of the news item either.

It's big, at an estimated 12-14 m long, making it the largest theropod
known from Brazil.

In Portuguese:
http://www.diariodepernambuco.com.br/nota.asp?materia=20110316124417

Museu Nacional anuncia descoberta do maior dinossauro carnívoro do Brasil
Redação do DIARIODEPERNAMBUCO.COM.BR
16/03/2011 | 12h44 | Rio

http://naoesqueci.com.br/2011/03/museu-nacional-anuncia-descoberta-do-maior-
dinossauro-carnivoro-do-brasil/

In French:.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sciences/decouvertes/201103/16/01-4379943-decouver
te-du-plus-grand-dinosaure-carnivore-du-bresil.php

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?