RE: Oxalaia, new spinosaur from Brazil

  Well, if the dal Sasso et al. specimen, MSNM V4047, is any indication of the
prevalent morphology in *Spinosaurinae,* the nostril is a tiny opening and thus
easily mistaken for the maxillary foramen, and thus one may be excused for
placing the nostril in the antorbital opening, a la pterodactyloid pterosaurs.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/